You can spread the cost of our course with Interest Free Credit on selected courses**.
£540Amount of credit
£22.5024 monthly payments of
This is exclusively available for a limited time by calling us on 01409 220 799.
Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited is registered in England no. 2502592. Lyne Akres, Brandis Corner, Devon, EX22 7YH. Regent Academy is a trading name of Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited. Regent Academy is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 774449 and acts as a credit broker and offers finance through the Deko platform, which is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number 720279. Credit is provided to UK residents with a UK bank account, subject to age and status.
Everything you need for getting the most out of fashion
Our Fashion Design and Dressmaking - Course 2
is suitable for those who have successfully completed our Fashion Design and Dressmaking - Course 1
and will give you the knowledge and practical skills to create a range of garments and prepare you for a career in fashion.
You will learn how to make skirts, blouses, trousers, camisole tops and much more – tailored to yourself or for others. You will also discover the secrets of fashion design drawing and how to add embellishments so you can make your garments extra special. Plus, the course will teach you how to paint and colour fabric for eye-catching results.
- Get the most from your passion for fashion – learn how to create a range of garments that are wardrobe essentials.
- Learn from quality course materials created by experts and receive excellent tutor support – to help you achieve your goals.
- You could prepare for a career in fashion – and with the UK fashion industry supporting 797,000 jobs1, there are rewarding careers in many areas.
- Eliminate the demoralising, time-wasting and expensive mistakes of trial and error that many untrained fashion designers endure.
- Successful learners are awarded the Regent Academy Diploma.
How the course works
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol so you can start as soon as you want. You can then enjoy your course at your own pace, studying when it suits you and where it’s most comfortable. This gives you the freedom to learn around your existing job, family or other commitments or location (including overseas).
Course materials have been developed by experts and are clear and straightforward so your studying is easy and enjoyable.
All coursework assignments are included within your course. As you complete each assignment, simply send it to your tutor who will mark and return it along with valuable constructive feedback to help progress your skills further. (You can also contact your tutor or the support team for help at any point during your studies.) The remaining course materials will be sent to you as your assignments are completed.
After successfully completing all your assignments, you will be awarded the Regent Academy Diploma.
We are proud of our friendly, caring ethos and aim to do all we can to help you succeed.
Our tutors are all experienced, qualified and passionate about sharing their love of their subject. You can phone or email your tutor throughout the course – to ask questions, for advice, encouragement or to draw on their wealth of knowledge.
You can also receive help from our student support team from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
What you will learn
Lesson 1 - Tools and equipment - beyond the basics
- Use of a range of additional items, e.g. machine attachments
Lesson 2 - Fabrics
- Working with silkies, sheers and pile fabrics
- Special seams and hem processes for specialist fabrics
Lesson 3 - Seams
- Decorative approach to seams - top stitched, welt and slot
Lesson 4 - Closing and fastening
- Piped buttonhole (contrast)
- Frog fastenings
- Decorative zips
Lesson 5 - Pockets
- Decorative pocket flaps
- Shaped patch
Lesson 6 - Controlling fullness
- Soft pleats
- Pressed pleats
- Skirt vents
Lesson 7 - Embellishing fabric
- Decorative stitching
- Cross tucks
Lesson 8 - Painting and colouring fabric
- Transfer crayons
- Tie and dye
- Simple block printing
- Silk painting
Lesson 9 - Fashion Design Drawing
- Recording your ideas
- Adding colour
- A working drawing
- Working with a fashion template
- Adding details: Module by Patrick John Ireland M.C.S.D.
Lesson 10 - Introduction to Pattern Cutting
- Measuring the body
- Resources required to cut patterns
Lesson 12 - Pattern Cutting 1
Lesson 13 - Pattern Cutting 2
Lesson 14 - Pattern Cutting 3
- 6-pannelled (gored) skirt
Lesson 15 - Pattern Cutting 4
Lesson 16 - Pattern Cutting 5
Lesson 17 - In Conclusion
- Where to go from here
- A place to stitch
You are free to study when it suits you and your progress may therefore depend upon how much time you would like to commit to study. Many students are able to complete this course in approximately 6-10 months*.
* Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Regent Academy Diploma
You will receive the Regent Academy Diploma when you successfully complete this course. With Regent Academy’s reputation this can be a highly sought-after addition to your CV and alongside your portfolio of coursework, powerfully showcasing your skills to prospective employers or potential clients.
You can add this qualification to your business cards, adverts, website, etc. to demonstrate to prospective employers and potential clients that you have achieved a qualification in fashion.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will have valuable knowledge that can help you start your dream career in fashion. You could then consider:
- designing fashion collections
- working as a dressmaker
- freelance work designing or making garments
Completing the courses can even be a starting point for a career within other exciting areas of the fashion industry.
A freelance career can also give you the advantage of independence and freedom that comes from working for yourself, when and where you wish. Alternatively, you could join a company.
You will need foundation fashion design and dressmaking skills before starting this course. This can be achieved by enrolling on our Fashion Design and Dressmaking – Course 1
course, unless you have equivalent experience.
Enrol now from £55
There are 6 ways to enrol on this course:
- Pay the total course fee of £395* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 10 instalments of £34
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 24 instalments of £14.17** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)
Enrol on both our Successful Fashion Design & Dressmaking Course 1 and Successful Fashion Design & Dressmaking Course 2 courses at the same time and save £145
There are 3 ways to enrol:
- Pay the total course fees of £595* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 12 instalments of £45
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 24 instalments of £22.50** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)