You can spread the cost of our course with Interest Free Credit on selected courses**.
£480Amount of credit
£2024 monthly payments of
This is exclusively available for a limited time by calling us on 01409 220 799.
Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited is registered in England no. 2502592. Lyne Akres, Brandis Corner, Devon, EX22 7YH. Regent Academy is a trading name of Regent Academy of Fine Arts Limited. Regent Academy is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 774449 and acts as a credit broker and offers finance through the Deko platform, which is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd. Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Reference number 720279. Credit is provided to UK residents with a UK bank account, subject to age and status.
Everything you need to professionally design every room in your home
Our Successful Interior Design course is suitable for beginners and will give you the knowledge and practical skills to design a stunning home.
During this course, you will learn step by step how to use colour, balance and accents correctly; add texture and pattern to great effect; choose the right design style for your home; use lighting effectively; choose the perfect furniture; accessorise successfully; and add the right window treatments for your home. You will also discover how to create your ideal living room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. Plus, you will gain valuable skills that can help if you wish to pursue a rewarding career as an Interior Designer.
- Get the most from your passion for interior design – you could design stunning living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and more.
- Learn from quality course materials created by experts and receive excellent tutor support – to help you achieve your goals.
- Eliminate the demoralising, time-wasting and expensive mistakes of trial and error.
- Successful learners receive the Regent Academy Diploma and qualify for our City & Guilds Home Interior Design Certificate*.
- No previous experience or artistic skills are required to enrol on this course.
How the course works
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol so you can start as soon as you want. You can then enjoy your course at your own pace, studying when it suits you and where it’s most comfortable. This gives you the freedom to learn around your existing job, family or other commitments or location (including overseas).
Course materials have been developed by experts and are clear and straightforward so your studying is easy and enjoyable.
All coursework assignments are included within your course. As you complete each assignment, simply send it to your tutor who will mark and return it along with valuable constructive feedback to help progress your skills further. (You can also contact your tutor or the support team for help at any point during your studies.) The remaining course materials will be sent to you as your assignments are completed.
After successfully completing all your assignments, you will be awarded the Regent Academy Diploma and qualify to be awarded our City & Guilds Home Interior Design Certificate*.
We are proud of our friendly, caring ethos and aim to do all we can to help you succeed.
Our tutors are all experienced, qualified and passionate about sharing their love of their subject. You can phone or email your tutor throughout the course – to ask questions, for advice, encouragement or to draw on their wealth of knowledge.
You can also receive help from our student support team from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
What you will learn
Lesson 1 - Introduction
- How to use this course
- Finding a place to study
- What is interior design?
- Thinking like an interior designer
Lesson 2 - Colour
- The importance of colour
- Colour theory - the colour wheel
- Tones, shades, tints and hues
- Making your own colour wheels
- Contrasting or complementary colours
- Warm colours and cool colours
- Colour schemes based on the colour wheel:
- Split complementary
Lesson 3 - Balance, accent, pattern and texture
- Getting inspired
- Pattern and texture
- Creating illusions and dealing with problem rooms
Lesson 4 - Project 1: Living rooms: Styles and materials
- Living room issues
- Design styles
Lesson 5 - Project 1 continued: A living room design scheme
- Drawing up a brief
- Introducing plans
- Carrying out a simple site survey
- Drawing a simple plan layout to scale
Lesson 6 - Project 1 continued: Living room furniture
- Developing your design
- Choosing furniture
- Focal points
- Drawing your chosen furniture to scale
Lesson 7 - Project 1 continued: Window treatments
- Choosing the right window treatment
- Headings, pelmets, swags and tails and tie-backs
- Some practical advice for buying and fitting curtains
- Multi-layered window treatments
Lesson 8 - Project 1 continued: Lighting
- The importance of lighting
- General principles of lighting
- More general principles
- Lighting for living rooms
- Choosing fittings for living rooms
- Drawing up your lighting plan
Lesson 9 - Project 1 continued: Accessorising
- Types of accessories and the different roles they play
- Using a theme
- Using accessories as starting points
- Arranging and displaying accessories
- How to choose display collections
- Choosing pictures
- Hanging pictures
- Decorative rugs
Lesson 10 - Project 1 continued: Sample boards
- The importance of sample boards
- Different ways of presenting sample boards
- Producing your own sample boards
- Using your sample boards
- Colour scheme sheets
Lesson 11 - Project 1 continued: Drawing elevations
- Practising textual effects for elevations
- Preparing to draw elevations
- Drawing up your elevations
Lesson 12 - Project 2: Bedrooms
- Considerations when designing bedroom schemes
- Design styles
- Choosing beds
- Lighting and window treatments
- Accessorising bedrooms, including bed linen choices
Lesson 13 - Project 3: Bathrooms
- The brief
- Special considerations when designing bathroom schemes
- Bathroom design styles
- Suitable materials for bathrooms
- Baths, WCs, bidets, wash hand basins, taps and fittings
- Site surveys and drawing sanitary ware to scale
- Bathroom lighting
- Building regulations, bye laws and bathrooms
Lesson 14 - Project 4: Kitchens
- The brief
- Special considerations when designing kitchen schemes
- Site surveys and plans
- How to put modular units to work
- Kitchen styles and layouts
- Kitchen lighting
- Choosing the best materials
Lesson 15 - Project 5: Halls, landings and stairs
- The brief
- Lighting for safety and lighting for effect
- Design treatments
- Suitable materials
You are free to study when it suits you and your progress may therefore depend upon how much time you would like to commit to study. Many students are able to complete this course in approximately 6-8 months*.
* Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Qualifications and Accredited Programme
Regent Academy Diploma
You will receive the Regent Academy Diploma when you successfully complete this course. With Regent Academy’s reputation this can be a highly sought-after addition to your CV and alongside your portfolio of coursework, powerfully showcasing your skills to prospective employers or potential clients.
City & Guilds accredited programme
You will also qualify to be awarded our City & Guilds Home Interior Design Certificate* when you successfully complete this course.
You can add this to your CV to demonstrate to prospective employers and potential clients that you have recognised skills.
To receive your certificate, simply call us to register*. You do not need to complete any more assignments or coursework.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can successfully transform your own home:
- Living rooms
- Dining rooms
You can also enrol on our Professional Interior Design
course to learn even more so you can start your rewarding new career.
You do not need any previous knowledge, experience or artistic skills to enrol on this course.
Enrol now from £55
There are 6 ways to enrol on this course:
- Pay the total course fee of £395* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 10 instalments of £34
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 24 instalments of £14.17** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)
Enrol on both our Successful Interior Design and Professional Interior Design courses at the same time and save £155
There are 3 ways to enrol:
- Pay the total course fees of £735* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £75*, followed by 12 instalments of £55
- Pay a deposit of just £75*, followed by 24 instalments of £27.50** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)