Everything you need to write in any genre, subject or medium
Our writing course is suitable for beginners and will give you the knowledge and practical skills to share your stories and ideas, or become a published writer.
You will discover how to transform your ideas into published writing – creating the perfect beginning and ending, effectively researching and revising; and gaining specialist information on how to write prose, poetry and scriptwriting, journalism, business, travel and sports writing. Plus, as a bonus, you will also learn how you could get published – approaching agents and publishers; self-publishing; getting magazine/newspaper commissions; and submitting radio/TV/film/stage scripts.
- Get the most from your passion for writing – your writing could be published in books, magazines, newspapers, websites, and more; and performed on television, radio and the stage.
- Learn from quality course materials created by experts and receive excellent tutor support – to help you achieve your goals.
- With the opportunity, freedom and flexibility, it’s no wonder that being an author is the most desired job in Britain1.
- Eliminate the demoralising, time-wasting and expensive mistakes of trial and error that many untrained writers endure.
- Successful learners are awarded the Regent Academy Diploma and the ABC Level 3 Certificate of Achievement*.
- No previous experience or writing skills are required to enrol on this course.
How the course works
Your first course materials will be sent to you when you enrol so you can start as soon as you want. You can then enjoy your course at your own pace, studying when it suits you and where it’s most comfortable. This gives you the freedom to learn around your existing job, family or other commitments or location (including overseas).
Course materials have been developed by experts and are clear and straightforward so your studying is easy and enjoyable.
All coursework assignments are included within your course. As you complete each assignment, simply send it to your tutor who will mark and return it along with valuable constructive feedback to help progress your skills further. (You can also contact your tutor or the support team for help at any point during your studies.) The remaining course materials will be sent to you as your assignments are completed.
After successfully completing all your assignments, you will be awarded the Regent Academy Diploma and the ABC Level 3 Certificate of Achievement*.
We are proud of our friendly, caring ethos and aim to do all we can to help you succeed.
Our tutors are all experienced, qualified and passionate about sharing their love of their subject. You can phone or email your tutor throughout the course – to ask questions, for advice, encouragement or to draw on their wealth of knowledge.
You can also receive help from our student support team from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
What you will learn
- So you want to write?
- Starting as a writer
- Where ideas come from (and what to do with them)
- Ingredients of effective writing
- The nuts and bolts of writing
- Written style
- Using imagery
- Precision in language
- Beginnings and endings
- The human factor
- Writing descriptions
- Research and interviews
- Revising your work
- Getting feedback
- Getting published
- Publishing yourself
- Getting organised
Lesson 9 - Factual Writing - part one
- Successful Journalism
- Writing for business
Lesson 10 - Factual Writing - part two
- Travel writing
- Sports writing
Lesson 11 - Fiction Writing - part one
Lesson 12 - Fiction Writing - part two
You are free to study when it suits you and your progress may therefore depend upon how much time you would like to commit to study. Many students are able to complete this course in approximately 6-8 months*.
* Timescales are approximate and depend upon application and motivation.
Regent Academy Diploma
You will receive the Regent Academy Diploma when you successfully complete this course. With Regent Academy’s reputation this can be a highly sought-after addition to your CV and alongside your portfolio of coursework, powerfully showcasing your skills to prospective agents, publishers or potential clients.
ABC Level 3 Certificate of Achievement
You will also be awarded the ABC Level 3 Certificate of Achievement* when you complete this course.
This is a valuable vocational qualification demonstrating that you have completed a validated training course at a recognised level of study.
ABC Awards is an Awarding Organisation recognised by Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), the government body which regulates qualifications and assessments in England.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you can write full-time or part-time, enjoying the financial and creative rewards of writing:
- Fiction and non-fiction stories
- Scripts for TV, radio and the stage
- News and opinion articles
- Business literature
- Plus much more.
You do not need any previous experience or writing skills to enrol on this course.
Enrol now from £55
There are 3 ways you can enrol
- Pay the total course fee of £395* in one sum and also receive a special gift from our selection - free.
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 10 instalments of £34
- Pay a deposit of just £55*, followed by 24 instalments of £14.17** using Interest Free Credit (exclusively available by calling us on 01409 220 799)